Our Awards Committees
The WA Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards Operational Committee (WANMEA – OC) coordinates and makes decisions related to Excellence Awards, particularly nominations, judging panels, finalists and winners.
Aims and Objectives:
To review and consider the opinions of the WANMEA – Professions Reference Advisory Committee (as sought by the Chair, or delegate) ahead of making decisions in relation to the Awards:.
- regarding award categories
- related to nomination questions
- and to nominate industry members from their sector for selection panels for each award category
One representative from each of the following is required:
- Chair – Chief Nurse and Midwifery Officer (Nursing and Midwifery Office)
- Public Health Sector (metropolitan)
- Public Health Sector (rural)
- Acute Private Sector
- Non-acute Private/Non-Government Sector
Other representatives, particularly from Industrial and Professional sectors can also be co-opted on a needs basis.
The WA Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards Professions Reference Advisory Committee (WANMEA – PRAC) is a group of individuals selected to represent the sector to ensure that all nurses and midwives in WA are considered in the planning and implementation of the Awards program.
- To provide broad industry advice as required in the planning and implementation of the awards program
- Co-opt other opinions from additional members who represent industry sectors, as required
- Be available to be called upon to participate in short-listing processes, as required
- Review and process all nominations for short-listing finalists into award categories
- Assist in the dissemination of communication related to the awards program.
Representatives from each of the following sectors is sought each year:
- Tertiary Hospitals
- General Hospitals
- Private Acute Hospitals
- Country Health Services
- Community Services
- State Training Providers
- Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency / Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Australian College of Nursing